We believe, “sustainability means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. . . .
Sustainability is not just environmentalism. . . we also find concerns for social equity and economic development.”1
Here’s how we’re doing our part:
- We implement ways to make electricity and solar the primary power source and strive to reduce the use of fossil fuels as much as possible.
- Every new home is pre-engineered and pre-wired for solar panels.
- We choose to use low-VOC or no-VOC in our homes to avoid harmful health issues caused by Volatile Organic Compounds.
- An electric vehicle charging station is installed in every garage.
- Each home features smart thermostats to increase energy efficiency and save money. And these features can be directly accessed from an app on your phone!
- LED lighting is utilized to reduce electricity consumption.
- We use recycled interior and exterior building material wherever it is practical to ensure durability and longevity.
- We choose material manufacturers that also share in our vision.
Every stage of our home building process is planned to promote sustainability, social equity and healthy living.
1 University of Alberta Office of Sustainability.
Sounds like something you might be interested in?
Join Us In Our Journey